Thursday, November 18, 2010

The boogie man....

...has come to town for sure. Well hello, sniffles, snorts, runny noses and who can forget....fever! The past two mornings, the kiddo has been a hot stinky snotty mess. LOL great visual, I know. And because Mommy is a sucker for baby kisses, even those originating from a newly awake (read: runny nose not wiped yet) sweet baby, this morning Mommy was a hot, stinky...well you got it the first time. Javier was so very eager to get to work this morning and avoid the "booger wrangling" which is what i call it when i chase Emma with the nose drops, Kleenex and bulb syringe aspirator. Funny....I think he said he was going to be late tonight....

The amazing thing is that even with a fever of 100.5 this kiddo is Ready. To. Play. And with a fever of 100.0, this Momma is Ready. To. Sleep.

I wouldn't trade a single degree of the fever....because I got it from the sweetest spontaneous kisses from my girl. Bring it on cold season, because my kiddo loves me enough to kiss me without prompting and I love her enough to be sick the rest of her life, if it means I still get kisses.


Has anyone seen my Kleenex???

1 comment:

Leah said...

Still a sweet post, even with all the snotty references lol! Glad you're doing so well mama Em!