Sunday, November 14, 2010

Tonight.....

....I got sloppy kisses from my sweet girl. Totally spontaneous, in
the middle of playtime, dropping the toys and throwing her arms around
my neck and planting a big wet one on me. I remember a time it felt
like that would never happen. I'm not talking about our rough
transition or our attachment. I mean a time when it felt like this
child would never be home.

Tonight I put her in her warm fleecy pajamas and remembered the days I
spent picking them out, washing them, folding them and placing them in
her room.

Tonight I changed her diaper after stockpiling diapers in every size
imaginable, because I didn't know what size she might be when she
finally got home.

Tonight I held her in my arms and kissed her sweet face while she
snuggled into my shoulder, ready for bed, and I remembered all the
nights I found myself in her room looking at an empty crib.

Tonight I realized she is finally here. She is home. This child I
prayed over and cried for is steps away sleeping as i write this, and
is home forever.

And she was completely and totally worth the wait.

--

2 comments:

Leah said...

That just warms my heart! Ahhhhhh... I know I will feel that same way, some day soon. Some days it still feels like we're never, and I mean NEVER going to get there, but reading this makes me feel like there is hope. Congrats to you Em! Love your post! :)

Anonymous said...

Sweet post, Emily. Isn't our God AWESOME!! I love those big wet slobbery kisses, too :-)

Shannon