...and we are getting ready to party! We started having a Christmas Eve dinner at our house probably 3 or 4 years ago, and it started with a couple of people and tonight we are for sure having 10 people, and a few maybes. It is so much fun-we cook it up big and then relax on Christmas Day and have leftovers!! My house is always spotless for Christmas Eve, and decorated fully so that wherever you look, BAM there's Christmas! I am always cooking and cooking and cleaning, and I just absolutely love doing it.
Tonight however, my house is not spotless....it's actually a little dusty, the floors needed to be mopped, and I haven't vacuumed in a week. I would fail a white glove test. This year, I decided to let go of the cleaning and spend every minute savoring my girl's first Christmas home. I spent extra time playing with her, snuggling with her, and Christmas shopping with her. So if you come to my house tonight, know that the layer of dust, the dry mop that hasn't been used this week (or the last few....) and the parts of the house that are only partially decorated are that way because of love. And I'm not at all ashamed to show off my slightly dusty, love-filled home.
Merry Christmas everybody!!
1 comment:
Proud of you Em! So glad to hear your absorbing lil Em's Christmas! Love shows no imperfections! Lots of love to you all on Christmas Eve! :)
Post a Comment