GREAT news today!!! Emma made her "Embassy Appearance" on 8/27 (technically today, but it was last night while we slept due to the time difference between here and Korea). When the EA, or Embassy Appearance, happens, the Visa Status Hotline operators are able to see a picture of the child on their computers when they search for her case number. I am not 100% sure what the picture is used for, but I do know that the EA is the last step before the child's visa is issued to the agency and the family gets their Travel Call!! The operator told me to call back Monday to see if a date has been set for her Visa to be issued (VI date) and that sometimes it is as soon as 1-2 business days after EA. The Travel Call usually comes somewhere between the day before VI to the day after VI, and sometimes on the day of VI. Oh man....we are hoping and praying this means our call could come next week!!!! We might be in Seoul for Labor Day!!!!!!!
Thank you for the prayers....keep them coming because we are so so so close to our girl. Please pray for her, for her Foster Family, and for her Birth Mother...they are always on my mind and my heart.
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! (Can you tell I'm a little happy??)
1 comment:
Congrats, my friend! I'm so happy for you-don't you wish YOU could see that picture through the phone?
The picture taken there is the one that will later be pasted inside the travel certificate (on the visa) and which will eventually end up on her green card. You will laugh when that Green Card "Permission to Work" comes with her tiny face on it!
Hopefully her visa interview is early next week and the visa is easily issued. I want to hear good things from you next week! :)
Post a Comment