Sunday, October 24, 2010

What a week it has been...

Sorry I have not posted in a while...it's been over a week since my
last update and SO much has happened. Lots of good, lots of
not-so-good! We made it through and we hope this was the last "speed
bump" in our transition as a family!!! At least for a while.

Starting with the good-Javier's Dad and Stepmom came into town for the
weekend last weekend. It was so awesome to see them, and for them to
meet Emma. She took to them very quickly, and I'm glad they had a few
days to get to know her and enjoy her. Emma waved for the first time
while they were here!! She was in the high chair at breakfast and
Javier's Dad was waving at her and all of a sudden she started waving
back!!!! Now she is a waving fool. She waves at everything from us to
the dogs to her dirty diapers when we take them off. Thats pretty
funny to see....a baby waving bye-bye to her poopy diaper.

We spent a lot of time at home, just playing with Em, looking at
pictures and video from our trip to Korea, and relaxing. We grilled
one night, went out to eat a few times, and Em did great. I am so
proud to say that Emma went to dinner at Flemings, a local restaurant,
and sat for 3 hours in the high chair, just eating and playing and
cheesing it up for the people at the other tables. None of us could
believe she did so well for so long. We have lots of pics from the
weekend, I just haven't uploaded them yet, due to the rest of the
week's events. Anyway, Papa and Mama Nevarez left early Monday morning
to go home. It was about an hour later that the fun started.

I woke up around 7 am feeling horrible. Dizzy, nauseated,
feverish....then the barfing began. And it wouldn't stop. Javier was
already at work. My parents were out of town, and anyone I would have
called was at work. Emma woke up at 9 am, and I was still at it. Poor
baby had to take her bottle while Momma heaved into a trash can.
Anyway.....things got worse and I had no choice but to call Javier to
come home. BACK to the ER we went. This time I wasn't given an
option-they pretty much told me I was staying the night. Initially the
thought was appendicitis...so I was put in for a surgery consult.
However, that night Javier got sick. Same symptoms. He drove himself
to the ER and thankfully only needed fluids and a little meds and he
got to go home. Now the list has narrowed to food poisoning or a
virus. Scratch the surgery consult. Morphine and phenergan every 4
hours kept me pretty bombed, so I didn't have a care in the world LOL.
At this point, my Mom and Dad have turned the car around and are
heading home. Call in Aunt Cherri to watch Emma while both Mommy and
Daddy are down....and Aunt Cherri gets sick. Same symptoms. Okay so we
are obviously dealing with a virus!! I'm still in the hospital Tuesday
night because I still can't hold clear liquids down. Geez. To wrap it
up, wash your hands, don't drink after anybody, and wear a mask in
public because something nasty is circulating. And it loves
unsuspecting tummies.

I'm home now. Javier is eating regular food and I finally advanced
today (after 7 days of either nothing or clear liquids) to mashed
potatoes and veggie soup. Thank God. And thank you to Aunt Cherri,
Aunt Erica, Uncle Eric and Auntie Megs. And a million thank yous for
my Mom and Dad for canceling their vacation to come home and tend to
their sick kids. And wash our clothes, care for Emma, drive me home
from the hospital, and cleaning the cat litter box. You guys rock.

Anyway, that's where I've been the past week. I'll post more pics
soon, I promise.

Emily


--
Emily Nevarez

No comments: