Friday, September 3, 2010

Leaving On A Jet Plane.....

(That title is for you Shannon ;) )

Okay...we are 18 hours away from boarding the plane!!!! We leave tomorrow morning out of Baton Rouge, and fly to Dallas/Fort Worth to make the connection to Korean Air. From Dallas we fly straight to Seoul, which is about a 14 1/2 hour flight time. It puts us in Seoul around 4:30 pm on Sunday, since we cross into the next day on the way over. I have a feeling the 14 1/2 hour flight will feel much longer...on the way back. For all three of us.

We have reservations in what is called a "serviced residence", the Somerset. It is basically a super-nice short-stay apartment. Our Korean agency took care of making those reservations. It is the favorite place to stay among families traveling to Korea to meet their babies, so we are looking forward to staying there. I'll definitely post pics of it.

On Monday at 9:30 am, we have a City Tour arranged for us by Holt, our Korean agency. We will get to tour popular parts of Seoul and likely grab lunch and do a little shopping. And now for what you are ALL wanting to know....

We meet Emma at 2:00 pm on MONDAY!!!

Yep, our Family Day will be Monday, September 6, and we will get to see our girl for the first time at 2:00pm. We will likely be at the agency for a couple of hours, while we let her spend some time with us on neutral ground and talk to her Foster Mother about what she likes, doesn't like, what she eats and her sleeping habits (hopefully she has some, and hopefully they are good). Then we will exchange gifts with her Foster Mother (no pressure here on the gift buying...she has only cared for our daughter for her whole 10 months of existence), and head down for her pre-flight physical (which from what I hear doesn't consist of a whole lot...) and then we are dumped out onto the streets of Seoul with a baby who has no idea what just happened to her. And at that point we just hope for the best until she figures out we are Mom and Dad now.

So...all the packing is done, her room is ready, the house is clean and sparkly....and I can't sleep. I can't eat. I am finally totally consumed by happiness, fear, worry, excitement, and sheer terror. I think that is pretty normal at this point. Meanwhile, Emma is sleeping in her Foster Mother's arms for the last two nights they have together, and I am forever grateful to this woman who has raised our child as her own for the last 10 months. I am blessed to have a daughter. We are lucky and oh, so blessed.

And, we are leaving on a jet plane. Tomorrow. Wow.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

We are extremely happy for you guys
we can't wait to see her and see pictures of your family!!!!!


Love,
Gretza. Jose Andres, Mia Bella and Enrique Colmenero

Sunshine said...

Oh, you already know the ways in which I can relate. I love your sense of humor and your honesty about what a wild ride this is. Can't wait to hear YOUR story--I'll be stalking the blog the way you stalked mine! Cannot wait to see new pics of your big girl! :) xoxo Tracy

Anonymous said...

I am oh so excited for you two..you must be going crazy!! Thanks for the fb message, I can't wait to read all about it and see that beautiful little girl. You will have to fill me in on all of the travel information when you get settled in. I wish you a safe trip and many wonderful memories. Have a blast!!

Tomi said...

I have butterflies in my stomach for you! I wish you safe travels and memories of a lifetime from your trip. Can't wait to see your next post!

Anonymous said...

Love the title :-)
God Bless, friend.
Let the blog stalking begin!
Shannon