We are home!!! We are soooo tired, as little miss Emma didn't sleep on the flights home. In fact, she screamed. Endlessly. Mercilessly. And I apologize profusely to all who were on the planes. I am too sleepy and jet lagged to organize my post right now, so I'll hit the high (and low) points, and blog about each day later.
-we managed to turn our 2 hour leisurely connection on Dallas (on the way to Korea) into a 20-minute fight to the death to make the connection. Great start to the trip.
-our social worker in Korea started our meeting by telling us that "your child is very very active". Hmm...yep right on with that.
-Emma does not like to sit still. She does not like whoever is holding her to sit still.
-Emma does NOT like to have her diaper changed. I change her while she stands up. I changed her while she stood on the closed lid of a toilet in the Seoul subway bathroom. Proud moment of parenting #425.
-she takes a bottle at whatever temperature we happen to be ablle to make it. And we made it all temperatures from ice-cold to nearly boiling and everywhere in between.
-the first night we had her in the hotel I got violently sick and hurled into the toilet all night while my loving husband attempted to console our screaming child. Definitely proud parenting moment #1.
-three times on the way home I went into the airplane lavatory and cried my eyes out. Yes it was horrible on the plane. No I would not trade her for any other baby, screaming or no screaming
-she loves her Daddy and for that I am grateful
-she gives some pretty awesome hugs and raspberry "kisses"
Ok that's all I have right now....I'm off to snuggle my hubby and our kiddo! More posts on our trip to come....
4 comments:
Congratulations!! So sorry to hear the plane was rough, but I know you are going to love these first moments of parenthood!
Welcome home! I prayed alot for your flight home. I'm sorry it was so hard. I hope you get a good night sleep. Can't wait to hear all about the rest of the trip. And, we also changed DD standing up for awhile!
So glad you have her home...so sorry it was a rough one! Don't worry, you will catch up on your sleep -- oh yeah you will never catch up again. :) But, glad y'all are enjoying the ride! Active is good. Make sure you cancel your gym membership...you aren't going to be needing that one for a while.
So sorry to hear the flight was a mess, I can only imagine! Glad that you made it home, though, and your little one is precious. Enjoy all the quality time together and get some much needed rest!
Post a Comment